Calling all comfort food lovers! This Super Easy Cheeseburger Macaroni is a budget friendly way to get dinner on the table fast that the whole family will love!
When the temperatures start to turn colder, my brain shifts to craving all the comfort food all the time. Or, you know, all the carbs all the time. Same thing.
Cheeseburger Macaroni definitely fits that “comfort food” bill. Growing up on a dairy farm with a mom that worked alongside my dad meant that when it came to dinner most nights fast, filling, and budget friendly were a requirement. This was a meal that we could get in from “choring” (doing evening feeding, milking, and clean-up) and mom could have dinner on the table in less than twenty minutes. Bonus points for being incredibly easy…it was the first meal that all three of us kids learned how to make. And it will probably be the first meal I teach my kids to make.
This recipe uses basic ingredients that I always have in my pantry and freezer. Hamburger, Kraft Macaroni and Cheese (don’t substitute here, it just won’t taste the same), cream of mushroom soup, and a little milk combine to make a delicious, kid friendly, stick to your ribs type of meal that’s sure to become one of your family’s favorites.
How to Make Super Easy Cheeseburger Macaroni:
Grab a pound of hamburger, put it in a skillet, and brown it, seasoning with some Lowry’s Seasoned Salt and Lowry’s Garlic Salt. In a separate large sauce pan, prepare the macaroni and cheese according to the package directions. Once the hamburger is browned and the macaroni and cheese has been prepared, add the hamburger to the macaroni. Pour in a can of cream of mushroom soup. Add the milk little but little until you get the consistency you want. I like mine to be nice and creamy, so I usually end up almost a full soup can of milk. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve with a slice of bread and butter (perfect for sopping up the sauce that’s left on the plate!).
This post is sponsored by The Glass Barn, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Super Easy Cheeseburger Macaroni
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 box Kraft Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Cup Milk (approximate) + 1/4 Cup for the Macaroni and Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Lowry's Garlic Salt and Seasoned Salt to Taste
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef, seasoning with garlic salt and seasoned salt.
- In a large saucepan, prepare the macaroni and cheese according to the package directions.
- Once the beef is browned, combine with the macaroni and cheese in the saucepan. Add the cream of mushroom soup. Add the milk little by little until the desired consistency is reached.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with a side of bread and butter.